Scrumptious Oatmeal/Flax Seed Chocolate Chip Cookies

I'm back with another fabulous recipe. These cookies are great as a lactation cookie (missing brewer's yeast) or just for a delicious snack. I tried another recipe for "Lactation Cookies" that called for brewer's yeast, water and a couple of other ingredients that this recipe does not. Those cookies failed miserably (or I failed miserably). They were far too sticky and were as hard as rocks. So I found this one. It is awesome! I can't recall where I got the recipe from and there are a couple of things that I did differently than what the recipe stated. What I did differently will be underlined. Here it is:

You will need:

1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup oats (I used rolled oats)
1/4 cups flax seed meal
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 sticks softened butter; unsalted, browned butter
1 cup white granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla; 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350F
- Whisk flour, oats, flax, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in large bowl
- Brown butter on medium heat
- Pack brown sugar by pouring it in a measuring cup and pressing down on it with your fist
- In separate bowl beat butter and sugar adding eggs one at a time
- Add vanilla
- Combine flour mixture and chocolate chips
- Let dough sit overnight (this helps the oats absorb all of those flavors
Line baking sheet with wax paper to keep the cookies from sticking

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts