6 Month Mark

My baby boy just turned 6 months yesterday! Time is going by so fast. It seems like just yesterday I was bringing him home from the hospital.


Then: 6lbs 14oz

Now: 16 lbs and some change



I like sweet potatoes, peas, and carrots. I like to chew everything and I especially enjoy story time. I'm almost sitting up on my own! I'm also working on my words. I'm as far as "yayayyayayaya" but I'm getting closer and closer to full sentences everyday. My favorite color seems to be red and I love things that crinkle. Right now I have some teeth trying to come through. Ouch! I get fussy sometimes but I know that my mommy loves me and is doing all that she can to help.
Until next time, Aaron





He is the love of my life. He is my everything. I never knew how much love one person could feel for someone. Becoming a mother is the best thing that has ever happened to me. It's like having all of your favorite things wrapped all into one. My one goal in life now is to raise my son to be a young man. A man who chases after God and what He has intended for his life. I want my son to grow to be a man who values an education, who delights himself in God's word, who knows his worth and purpose, who knows right from wrong, and who will set himself apart from the world. I want to raise him to know the importance of hard work and to be a strong voice in his community. There are so many things I want to do for him. Like any mother in the world I want my son to have the world. But I also want him to be a part in making our world better. More importantly I want to be the same kind of mother. I want to be the kind of mother whose lessons resound in his mind whenever he makes a decision. I want to be, and will be, the mother God intended me to be. As a mother our children rely on us to show them the way. They don't know up from down unless we teach them. They may not agree with our decisions but they will remember that we cared enough to steer them in the right direction.


"A child may not know what direction he's going, but when he's attached to you, he doesn't feel lost." --Gordon Neufeld

Take care lovely mommies.

Comments

Popular Posts